Producer and Adjuster License Application Information
Most licensing applications are now submitted electronically rather than on paper. The site to submit an application will depend on the type of application being made and the requirement for that license. Some lines of insurance require pre-licensing courses, and you must complete your pre-licensing course before you schedule your examination. All fees will be collected at the time of submission of the application.
- Resident individuals applying for a producer license for any combination of the lines of life, health and accident, property, casualty, personal lines, industrial fire, bail bond, surplus lines or title and all resident adjuster licenses.
- Resident applicants who are exempt from an examination due to licensure in another state must file a paper application.
- Resident individuals applying for a producer license for any combination of the lines of credit, travel, variable life and annuity or limited life, health and accident; OR Resident business entities applying for a producer license; OR Non-resident producers and adjusters, including non-resident adjusters with a designated home state.
- Fingerprinting Requirements
- Licensing Information Handbook
- Becoming a Licensed Producer in Louisiana